PART-TIME REHABILITATION ASSISTANT
Posted on: 9th February 2018
Employer reference: 05
Hours: Various weekday hours available, as agreed between 10.30am (earliest) and 5.30pm (latest).
Wage: Various weekday hours available, as agreed between 10.30am (earliest) and 5.30pm (latest).
Location: Hadlow, near Tonbridge, Kent.
39-year-old man, looking for a part-time neuro rehabilitation assistant to work with him and his rehabilitation team in his own home. He has an acquired brain injury that affects his fatigue and his cognitive skills. He is aiming through continuing rehabilitation with his multidisciplinary team to build up his skills and reach his maximum potential. He needs support with planning and attending activities, vocational rehabilitation, engaging with all therapies and increasing his social activities. There is no personal care in this role.
You should be able to:
1) Liaise with family and professionals.
2) Complete paperwork, documenting behaviour, and risk management.
3) Support progression towards planned goals, facilitate planned activities.
4) Maintain a safe environment, maximising physical and mental wellbeing at all times.
5) Planning and organising activities to encourage participation within the community.
6) Promote and maintain privacy and confidentiality.
You should have:
1) Excellent communication, organisational and listening skills.
2) A previous knowledge of acquired brain injury and/or domiciliary support work would be beneficial.
3) We are looking for someone that can be equally patient, caring, supportive and fun.
4) Interest and experience in music and/or carpentry will be an advantage.
5) Cooking skills.
6) Access to car and clean driving licence
Various weekday hours available, as agreed between 10.30am (earliest) and 5.30pm (latest).
Pay will be £10.00 per hour for weekday hours.
Clean driving licence and referencing required. Successful applicant will be
subject to enhanced DBS check, arranged and paid for by employer.
How to apply: For application pack call 01424 777928 or email [email protected] quoting reference number: 05
The role of CiLK in this matter is strictly that of an Independent Introduction Agent and not as an Employment Agency. We can give no guarantees that applicants are suitable for jobs advertised and therefore no claims whatsoever may be made against CiLK as a result of any dispute between parties involved.